Old Mutual iWYZE insurance claims
No-one wants to be in a situation where making an insurance claim is necessary, however a simple, stress-free claims process can quickly help turn a negative into a positive. As an iWYZE customer, you’ll already have the right type of car and household insurance to see you through life’s more challenging moments – now all you need to do is contact our team of professionals and let them make the claims process as easy and hassle-free for you as possible.
To register a home or car insurance claim with iWYZE, simply contact us by either:
- Submitting your claim online
- Calling us on 0860 082 949 (Mon-Fri: 08:00 to 18:00, Sat: 08:00 to 12:00)
- Sending us an email with details of your policy or ID number
- Or SMSing “CLAIM” to 33771
Make sure to have details on hand such as:
- Your Old Mutual iWYZE policy number
- A SAPS case number if applicable
- And any other relevant documentation
Once you’ve notified us, our team of consultants will take over and manage the process from start to finish, giving you a speedy, stress-free resolution to your claim.
Remember, the easiest way to ensure uninterrupted car and home insurance is to make sure that your monthly premiums are up to date. Alternatively, if you aren’t covered by iWYZE yet, simply call us on 0860 00 00 53 for a home or car insurance quote, submit your details for a call back, or request a quick quote online. The sooner you do, the sooner we can help take care of you and your belongings through all of life’s ups and downs.
Points to remember when making an insurance claim:
Car insurance claims
- It’s important to note that your car insurance will cover you up to the value you have chosen as laid out in your Policy Schedule. This value will either be the Retail Value, Market Value, or Specified Value. If you are unsure as to which type of car insurance you have selected, please inform our consultants so that they can confirm your policy details with you.
- Should your vehicle be outside its warranty, iWYZE may choose to use non-original parts as replacements, in order to keep your premiums as affordable as possible.
- In the event of vehicle theft, it is imperative that you contact the SAPS and your Vehicle Tracking Service as soon as possible. The sooner you do, the sooner efforts can be made to recover your vehicle.
- Should you need to claim for any damages to your vehicle, iWYZE will authorise an approved panelbeater to contact you with regards to bringing your vehicle in for repairs.
- If your car insurance policy includes car hire, you will be provided with a replacement vehicle in the case of your own vehicle suffering an accident, fire or theft. Please note that car hire does not extend to times when your vehicle is undergoing servicing, or breaks down due to a mechanical or electrical fault.
Home insurance claims
- If you have home insurance in the form of an iWYZE Buildings Insurance policy, both the actual structure of your property and the fixed structures in your home will be covered against loss or damage. Household items, such as furniture, homewares and décor, or personal items such as jewellery and electronics will need to be covered under a separate valuables insurance policy.
Please note that submitting your claim online or via email does not constitute automatic registration of your claim. Only once an iWYZE consultant has contacted you to complete the registration process, and supplied you with a claim number, will your claim be officially registered.