Call 0860 00 00 53

Call 0860 00 00 53 for a quote


insurance quotes

General Insurance FAQs

If you’re looking for answers to questions beyond car, home and valuables insurance, here’s where you’ll find them! Take a look below at our guide to general iWYZE and South African insurance matters, or call one of our trained consultants on 0860 00 00 53 for more.

How can I request a quote from iWYZE?

For a tailor-made iWYZE home, valuables or car insurance quote, simply:

  • Call us on 0860 00 00 53
  • Submit your details so that we can call you back
  • Request a quick car or home insurance quote online

Will I receive any benefits as an iWYZE customer?

Yes! In addition to reliable insurance and affordable premiums, as an iWYZE customer you’ll also automatically be eligible for benefits such as our:

  • iWYZE Buildings No-Claim Reward: Keep your Buildings Insurance policy claim-free for 6 years and you’ll get 100% of your home insurance premiums paid back to you in cash!
  • General No-Claim Reward: Keep your other iWYZE insurance policies claim-free for 3 years, and you’ll get 10% of all your other premiums paid back in cash.
  • No-Claim Excess Waiver: Keep your car insurance policy claim-free for 3 years, and you’ll receive 100% of your excess back after your first claim.
  • Retrenchment Premium Waiver: Enjoy complete peace of mind with up to 6 months’ worth of your insurance premiums paid for you, in the event of your retrenchment.
  • iALERT Home and Road Emergency Services: Free emergency assistance 24/7, 365.

Will I forfeit my General No-Claim Reward if I make an insurance claim?

Unfortunately yes, except in the instance of your claim relating to a vehicle windscreen repair, a claim against your Retrenchment Premium Waiver policy or your use of the free iWYZE iALERT emergency services. Once your claim is settled, however, your 3-year cycle will restart, and your No-Claim Reward will be paid after 3 claim-free years.

Can I take out a loan against my General No-Claim Reward?

No – your reward is only payable after 3 claim-free years, and as such does not accumulate any loan value, and cannot be used as security for any loans.

Will I still be covered if I am unable to pay my premiums for one month?

All iWYZE insurance premiums are payable via direct debit a month in advance, on a date as agreed in your Policy Schedule. Should you not have enough funds in your account to cover your monthly payment, we will extend you a 15-day grace period. If after this period, payment is still not forthcoming, your policy will regrettably be cancelled, and you will not be covered for the unpaid period. Should non-payment occur within the first month after your policy has begun, the grace period will not apply, and your policy will automatically be cancelled. Cancelling your debit order will also result in the cancellation of your policy, with immediate effect.

How does my marital status affect my premium?

Statistically speaking, those customers who are married or co-habiting pose a lower risk, due to their possibly being home more often. As such, if you are single or divorced, you may find that your monthly premium is higher as a result.

How do I let iWYZE know of any changes to my policy information?

If any information in your Policy Schedule changes over time, this may affect your cover and your premium. As such, you will need to inform iWYZE of these changes as soon as possible, by contacting us on 0860 939 493 on Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 18:00, or on Saturday from 08:00 to 12:00. Examples of possible policy changes and additions include:

  • Moving to a new temporary or permanent residence
  • Temporarily or permanently changing the regular driver of your insured vehicle
  • Convictions for offences relating to dishonesty, against you or any person covered under your policy
  • Renting out your property to tenants

Will I be able to insure two separate addresses on one home insurance policy?

No – each address will need to be insured under its own home insurance policy, as each one will present a different risk and will have a different premium as a result.

How do I submit a home, valuables or car insurance claim?

Should you ever need to make an insurance claim, you will need to inform iWYZE within 30 days of the incident by either:

  1. Submitting your claim online
  2. Calling us on 0860 082 949
  3. Sending us an email with details of your policy or ID number
  4. Or SMSing “CLAIM” to 33771

You will need to have certain documentation on hand such as your iWYZE policy number, and a SAPS case number (if applicable). Our trained consultants will then guide you through the process, ensuring that your claim is resolved and settled as quickly as possible.

Will my insurance policy cover me elsewhere in Africa?

Under the terms of your iWYZE insurance policy, you will be covered against loss or damage within South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Malawi, Namibia, Swaziland and Zimbabwe, unless your Policy Schedule specifically states otherwise.

What does the term ‘Consequential Loss’ refer to?

Consequential Loss refers to direct loss or damage to property that results in further direct losses – such as if your insured property is badly damaged, resulting in a loss of rent paid to you by your tenants.

Having additional lifestyle protection and financial support is always important – even more so in tough economic times. Contact us for a car, home or valuables insurance quote by calling 0860 00 00 53, submitting your details, or requesting a quick quote online, and enjoy the peace of mind that comes from partnering with one of South Africa’s leading short-term insurance companies.